Friday, November 22, 2013

Who better to make a big decision than a 3.5 year old?

Oh hey, yeah in case you were wondering about the long gap between the photo book deadline and my next entry...

Well, that's because they extended the date! Ha. So that meant that on the last few days before it was due, I was once again pulling all nighters (give me a deadline and watch me get busy!) - going through hundreds of photos and memories to put into a form that we can revisit regardless of technological changes.

I gotta say, I am very happy with the outcome. I am not overjoyed, but happy nonetheless. It was so fun to look at the wonderful people we are so fortunate to have in our lives and the beautiful places we are so lucky to have visited! Below are a tiny smattering of some 600 pictures in the books.
Can't remember where this was. (Why a photobook is imperative!)

At our welcome back for a visit party in Durham, NC

In our rented RV.

Utah, the magnificent

The technical process itself sucked ass. Photoweb.fr is the crappiest piece of shit software to make a photo book ever and would not recommend this company to anyone. I have used easier programs and this was ridiculous.

And some of the pictures which had been graded as "ok" during the making of the book (there wasn't a good category in typical French fashion) were a bit fuzzy. I wonder how the photos which were in the acceptable catagory would have looked had I not edited them a bit making them "ok" again. The last option was unacceptable. It reminded me of my French driving class instructor who told me repeatedly that she would NOT give me any positive feedback on my quick and efficient maneuvers through the craziness or my whirlwind ways through the roundabouts. She said, and I quote, "if I DON'T say anything, then it was okay".

Anyway, I digress.

So, if you want to see my photobooks, and who doesn't right? Just send me an email and I will send you the link.

For my latest installment of SCMtFU:

Last night I asked her to look through the amazing Family Guide Italy book. Book link here (I am NOT promoting Amazon, btw, just to share the book info.) We are just itching to go there but damn, there are just so many choices and places to go - we often get stuck in the planning phase and just end up staying home.

So, I asked her to look at all the pages carefully and pick a place that she would like to go. Yeah, you read that right, since I can't decide, I thought why not pass the buck to someone who seems to know what she wants to the point of tears.

This is what she picked:


While I have no doubt, this is a fine carousal, it doesn't even hold a candle to some of the incredible French ones she has already ridden! For example check out one of my old blog entries http://transitionkitchen.blogspot.fr/2011/10/absolute-coolest-carousel-in-land-of.html. In all of the land of Italy - she wants to ride a carousel. Yeah, like I said, a girl who knows what she wants.

So, then I passed the book to Leo ...

No comments: