Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quick update and a peek into a French woman's magazine

Whew.  Well, these last few weeks have been a bit of a blur ... and with no blogging to make me stop and think a bit well, I am not even sure I can remember what has been filling the days.  Believe me they are full too!  Therefore, just a little catch up and then some eye candy all in the name of cultural understanding ;)

Recently, went to Hicham's parent's house for about a week-long visit and filled up our car with organic veggies from his dad's garden.  I will talk more about that area in another blog, as it is really special there.  We took a jaunt to the beach and had a wonderful time (pics soon too).  Now Sabine wears size 21 shoe, has grown out of my favorite lavender overalls and can now wear real pig tails (or sport a genuine afro).  She has also resumed her three mornings a week at the "Stay and Play".  Let's see, what else?  We attended a wonderful party last weekend and I managed to communicate in French all night which was cool.  Been baking pies, fixing stuff around the house and watching movies (saw Thor --- which was alright). 

As you probably know from previous posts, I have been in an organizational and apartment restylin' for a while now.  The pace has picked up recently with our living room.  I don't even have that much time at this moment to be writing as I should be looking at more paint chip colors on-line.   The plan is to start painting TODAY!

Hicham is on stay-cation now for 15 days.  Previously, we had been eagerly discussing going to Malta, Italy and even Ireland for vacation.  Got the books from the library and looked at tickets etc. But the truth is that I really didn't want to go anywhere.  I didn't want to pack, I didn't want to deal with any of it.  Can you believe it?  I convinced him to just stay home and let's enjoy Paris as tourists do.  So far all we have been touring is rug shops, ethnic decor markets and hardware stores!  I am redefining tourist! 

I am not going to post pics of the living room until it is more done.  It is so much more satisfying to see the before and after, rather than the before and in progress.  But, to keep you contented until the next installment, I have decided to share with you a few pages from a rather typical French 'women's' magazine.  It is very similar to it's American counterpart to a degree with beauty tips, cooking ideas, self-help quizzes, sex advice etc.  But it still retains it's French va-va-voom flavor.  Take a look:
People buy this magazine for the following articles.
All about Chevre cheese!

What kind of a friend are you? quiz.
What is the true effect of Cannibis?
Five adventures in France!
The beauty pages.
Sexual fantasy article, includes menage a trois and bondage.


 So, there you have it.  And I hope you liked it (ha!) See you soon. 






No comments: